My stats are through the roof. Yesterday, I hit an all-time high of 245 hits, compared to 66 before this weekend. In total, I’ve received over 550 hits. Talk about motivation to keep this blog going. However, I’ll be interested to see how many hits I get in following weeks, once everyone’s viewed my pictures and the hype has died down.

There is so much I need, or want, to talk about that I don’t even know where to start. I guess the beginning is a good place. Last night, we got a call from Marc’s father, Ulf, inviting us out to the Spur for supper. After Marc got off the phone and told me, I was like, but I haven’t even washed my hair! That must have been the fastest I have been in and out of the bath and washed my hair – 9 minutes.

I had my usual Manhattan mushroom burger. Don’t ask me why, but that’s what I have every time we go. Afterwards, we were talking about the holiday plan that Marc and I would like to do next year – that is take 3 weeks off and travel across country to Cape Town, then travel along the coast all the way back up to Durban and then home, to Johannesburg again. Ulf mentioned several places which sounded really interesting and I think this is something we will have to plan carefully over the next year.

One of the first calls I got this morning, at work, was from the Cape Town team of technicians. They told me that Pierre had been killed in an accident over the weekend. Nobody knows any details yet, but all I know was that it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. I am going to miss our chats on the phone.

On the subject of passing. Today marks the second anniversary of Peter’s passing, my cousin. I haven’t spoken to Aunty Diane yet, so I don’t know how she is. I am actually putting the call off a bit.

My mother is feeling sick, probably the flu and my grandmother is not a happy camper either. It’s partly because of the date and partly because Honey, her dog, is not well either. She took her to the vet, but typical dog, she perked up and pretended nothing was wrong. We’re just hoping it’s not a slipped disc, since she keeps dragging her hind legs around. What we do know for sure is that it’s not her heart this time, so Mum is going to keep an eye on her and stop her from trying to jump up.

On a last note, my wheelchair has a flat tyre. I’m sitting in the manual wheelchair, while the electric one is in the back of the bakkie (van, or pick-up, with a canopy on for the Americans) . I’m hoping that we can get a new tyre and tube for it tomorrow, but will have to hold thumbs, since their supplier may be out of stock and we may have to wait 3 weeks for them to deliver more.

All in all, today was a typical Monday – what could go wrong, did go wrong. Considering that the week ends on Friday 13th, let’s hope the week does not get any worse… no I’m not superstitious!