My new wheelchair is a pretty mean machine. It is a model called the Gazelle, from Radical Mobility. Not only can the back of my seat recline, but the whole seat can also tilt in space. So it is very easy to get comfortable. Small wonder that I find myself dozing off sometimes.
This morning, at the office, I was wandering around for a moment and a darkened meeting room caught my eye. Stopping just inside the doorway, my gaze drifted from corner to corner as a naughty thought crossed my mind. It would be so easy to sneak in there, close the door and catch a quick nap.
Of course, there is always the possibility of someone walking in at any moment. And you had better have a damn good excuse ready for why you were caught sleeping on the job.
Here are a few that I found online, that I really enjoyed:
- “Did you ever notice sound coming out of these keyboards when you put your ear down real close?” (More here)
- “This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!” (More here)
- “This print is getting smaller and smaller, perhaps I should make that appointment with the optometrist.” (More here)
- “I was working smarter, not harder.” (More great ones here)
- ”I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance.” (More here)
Have you been caught napping? What’s your excuse?