It’s been exactly a week since my last blog entry. I’ve been meaning to write since, but either something happened, or I just felt lazy. The one morning, before work, I couldn’t even log into the site.

So, on Saturday was the Rugby World Cup final in France. South Africa against England. I am not a fan of the sport, but did not want Marc to stay home just because I did not enjoy the game. Instead, he met up with his friend, Charles and they had a braai (BBQ) before going to the Dros to watch the game. Marc decided to sleep over at Charles’ place since he had a bit too much to drink.

I had a good time at home, messing around online. But when the fireworks started going off, poor Pumba was a wreck. Picking him up into my wheelchair only made him worse. He tried to find a dark place to hide and jumped on to a box under my desk and got upset again when he couldn’t settle in it and the lid collapsed. After the second attempt, I got the dogs’ blanket out the lounge and put it in the box. That and loud music finally helped him settle. I intend to get him sedatives before Guy Fawkes.

TJ, on the other hand, was not bothered in the slightest and spent the whole evening in the bedroom asleep on the bed. I cannot help but wonder whether Fayth’s relaxing company which he enjoyed for the first 18 months that we had him, had any effect on the calm attitude he has today.

It’s been a week since my Aredia treatment was completed. I actually don’t feel any different and think it’s probably going to take a while to kick in. On the other hand, I seem to be sleeping better, but still have an aching rib and back.

On Wednesday, I woke up to have very sore joints at the top of my index and middle fingers on my right hand. As the day progressed, it did not get any better and finally booked an appointment with the doctor. He said that the joints were inflamed and may be the start of a bit of arthritis. He told me to take an anti-inflammatory that night before going to bed. It worked and I did not take a second one yesterday. Today, they feel almost fine again.

I also told him that my post nasal drip seemed to be getting better, but I still had a dry cough which was not letting my ribs heal. He prescribed something to suppress my cough and it’s working, though it’s going to take a little longer for me to feel any difference in my ribs.